Wednesday, June 6, 2012

OOAK Sale Coming Soon! ;)

Hey everyone!

So it is now summer in the Yukon (finally), and my schedule has finally freed up enough to work on a bunch of new projects. The biggest one being my new collection for Boston Fashion Week, but some other smaller ones as well. Throughout the next few months, I will be updating a lot of the photos that are currently in my shop. I will also be taking some items down to never be made again, and adding some sexy new pieces instead. This will probably happen gradually as the shoots are happening.

There is one thing I wanted to announce right now, though. I've decided that every so often, perhaps once every 2 or 3 months, I will be holding a sale of one-of-a-kind pieces and outfits. Whether they will be for sale on Etsy at a fixed price or on eBay for auction is still to be determined. I'm starting work on the unique new pieces sometime in the next week. Photos will be posted well before the sale so you can get a chance to decide on which, if any, items you'd like. Prices will reflect the fact that each piece or outfit is totally one-of-a-kind, so please be aware of this if you are planning on purchasing a specific item during the sale. (And if you've got a problem paying extra for something as unique as what I will be offering, then it's just too bad for you.)

Once I decide where the one-of-a-kind pieces will be listed for sale, I will set a date and time for the sale to begin, and I will post on my Facebook page and here on my blog a list of fixed or starting prices for each thing. There will, of course, be photos of everything as well, and I will be posting those and the date and time at least 2 weeks before the sale so you have time to share it with friends (if you don't feel greedy) and gather money if you need to.

I am only planning on making between 5 and 10 pieces for the first sale, as I'm focusing more on my fashion show in September, but I wanted to test the waters to see if it is worth doing more or less often than I am currently thinking. Also, one condition of the sale is that if you are buying/bidding on a piece, you must have the money up front to pay for it. These items will be ready to ship, and it's a first come first served sale. (ie, if someone else can pay the total and you can't, that someone else gets it) I can't accept down payments and I will not put anything on hold.

Alright, I think that's it for now, I just wanted to put that out there so everyone can keep their eyes peeled for the sale date. ;)  Enjoy the photos of my one-off newspaper skirt and latex combo for a shoot a few days ago!









Ciao, kittens! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I nominated your blog for the Versatile Blogger Award– More info can be found here: http://craftchick.wordpress.com/2012/06/18/a-thank-you-for-the-versatile-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete